The Cognitive Workbench is a deep natural language processing enabled knowledge management application and development framework. It is designed to support users in performing activities, accomplishing tasks and organizing the information and resources they use every day. The Cognitive Workbench is capable to work with any data, be it the personal data (e.g. emails and texts), or be it professional data (news stories, scientific data, etc.), finding structure and regularity in their everyday activities. Features:
- Seamless multi-device, Internet and wireless-aware information management.
- Built-in multilingual support for dozens of languages with more to come.
- Centralized access to correlated information from multiple channels, including personal documents, external documents, and social media.
- Induces Second order knowledge through thinker processes.
To do this, the Cognitive Workbench employs state-of-the-art deep Natural Language Processing (really analyzing each sentence, rather than just looking at an abstract) and machine learning algorithms to analyze unstructured textual information from all sources. At its core, the Cognitive Workbench uses advanced technologies to extract useful elements from users’ documents and personal data. For example:
- people’s names, places, or organizations
- mentions of chemical drugs, diseases, genes, etc.
- references to moments and periods in time
fixed quantities, like numbers with units of measurementExB is constantly expanding its ability to identify and cross-reference new elements in text that are useful or important to users. In fact, the main strength of the Cognitive Workbench is that it can quickly learn from the user which new types of entities he might be interested in. There is no gene mutation names recognizer? The engine can learn from you how to recognize them.
These textual elements are stored in an innovative, compact, high-performance Graph Database that associates them with related documents and other textual elements. This graph database is the core of the Cognitive Workbench’s artificial intelligence and supports an array of user-friendly, context-aware forms of interaction:
- Categorizing user information like facts, documents, or emails, contacts, or places into intuitive, productive categories that help users find what they are looking for in their personal data.
- Identifying new facts users can work with, or productive actions users can take in response to new information, like suggesting new calendar entries
- Saving users time and work by preemptively suggesting or even performing actions, like opening specific apps, by learning their personal behavior patterns.
The Cognitive Workbench also preserves users’ and companie’s privacy by encrypting their personal information and processing it securely on their personal computers and mobile devices instead of exchanging data with remote servers.
The Cognitive Workbench adapts to its users, their environment, their practices and their goals, scaling from mobile devices to cloud servers, ensuring that users retain full control over their information at every stage of the process.